Searching for Information on How to Build Driveways, Fences,
Foundations, Furniture, Landscaping, Etc. for Off Grid Properties?
What Should You Build First on Your Off Grid Property?
Living Off Grid News – So you want to learn how to build fences, foundations, furniture, landscaping, and roads for an off grid living property?
We would love to teach you how to build all kinds of things that will improve your off grid homestead experience starting with the bare essentials, but then also adding many other things that will make living off grid down right comfortable, sustainable, beautiful and down right enjoyable.
Will it be easy? Nope, but at the end of the day – project-by-project – you’ll be able to lounge in a hillbilly hot tub, watch the sun set and know that by God’s grace, you built all this stuff and these things with your bare hands. We hope you enjoy. Always feel free to add suggestions to add to our list.
Please click on the links below that will take you to our Off Grid Home Facebook Group where we have hundreds of photo albums. If you scroll through the photos, there are comments to read, articles to review, videos to watch and photos that should give you some good ideas on what is possible and what topics you might like to research a little bit more and eventually include on your own off grid homestead.
The first thing you need when building on an off grid property is a road and or drive way. And the best way to do this is put a lot of time an effort into it the very first time. First bevel the road into two sides that allow water to drain to the side of the road. Build up the road bed with Caliche and several inches of gravel. Over time the Caliche will bond with rock, gravel and sand and almost turn into cement. You can also put in French drains that will guide the water to where you want it to drain such as a yard, garden or pond. Since the water will flow here every time is rains, this is a great place to plant wildflowers that will bloom many times when it rains. Also lay down a gravel grid of Geocells that will keep the gravel in place and keep it from washing away.
- How to Build Up a Road or Gravel Driveway with Caliche
- How to Build a Gravel Drive Way with GeoCells that Won’t Wash Away
- How to Build Gravel Drive Ways for OffGrid Sheds, Cabins or Properties
- How to Build Fences for Off Grid Properties
- Video – How to Build a Hog Panel Fence
- How to Build an Affordable Hog Wire Fence for Off Grid Properties
- The Ultimate Guide to Fencing for an Off Grid Home or Farm
- How to Utilize Gabion Rock Baskets to Tailor Terraced Hillsides
- Cool Things You Can Build With Gabion Rock Baskets
- How to Build Simple Gabion Rock Basket Fences for Security
- How to Build a Fence with Gabion Rock Filled Basket Columns
- How to Build a Gabion Rock Basket Fence for an Off Grid Property
- How to Filter Out Enough Rocks from River Beds to Fill Gabion Baskets
- Lowest Cost and Easy Way to Build a Gabion Basket Retaining Wall
- How to Assemble a Gabion Basket in 4 Minutes
- How to Build a Gabion Box Planter
- How to Build a Foundation for Off Grid Cabin or Home
- How to Build and Insulate a Wooden Floor for an Off Grid Shed, Cabin or Home
- How to Pour Cement Wall Footers for an Off Grid Shed, Cabin or Home
- How to Pour Cement Foundation Piers for an Off Grid Shed, Cabin or Home
- How to Drill In Off Grid Foundation Piers with Screw In Metal Posts
- How to Build an OffGrid Solar-Powered Workshop
- How to Build a Wood Supply Storage Bins for Large Board, Plywood, Etc.
- How to Build a Large Work Shop Table with Flippable Tables for Tools
- How to Make Rolling Tables with Wheels for an Off Grid Workshop
- How to Build Storage Units for Power Tools for an Off Grid Work Shop
- How to Add Lights and Electricity to a Long Work Bench
- How to Build a Peg Board for Hanging Tools on a Workshop Wall
- How to Build Workshop Shelves for Storing Tools, Hardware & Supplies
- How to Organize Off Grid Storage of Ladders, Batteries, Cords, etc.
- Off Grid Workshop with Power Tools and Wood Working Equipment
- Wood-Working Tools that Don’t Require Electricity
- 12 Genius Ways to Repurpose Pallet Wood for Your Garden
- How to Build Anything Out of Pallets and/or Pallet Wood
- How to Build a Killer Horseshoe Pit for Your Off Grid Home or Cabin
- Building a Frisbee Golf Course on Your Off Grid Property
- How to Build an Awesome Dart Board for Off Grid Cabins and Homes
- How to Make Your Own Off Grid Game of Corn Hole
- How to Make a DIY Ladder Golf, Backyard Drink Holders and Giant Jenga
- How to Make You Own 4 in a Row Back Yard Game for Off Grid Fun
- Here Are Some Games that Might Well for Your Off Grid Cabin or Home