What it means to live with our new off grid 5.2-kW solar
power array and how we manage power living off the grid.
North Carolina – Guildbrook Farm is an off grid, modern homestead located in the foothills of Appalachia. We take you along on our journey to become more self reliant by growing an organic garden, raising heritage breed chickens and pigs, improve our skills in canning and food preservation, building off the grid renewable energy systems, prepping for events such as natural disasters, and learning old time skills. Join us as we build an off-grid cabin and homestead from raw land while remaining debt-free. Follow our successes and failures as we learn to live a more simple, sustainable lifestyle.
Read more articles about Solar for Off Grid Homes:
- Why Solar Start Up Voltage Makes Micro Inverters the Best Choice
- Are solar axis trackers worth the additional investment?
- Examples of Off Grid, Solar-Powered Sheds, Cabins, Homes & Houses
- 7 Ways To Prolong The Life Of Deep Cycle Lead-Acid Batteries
- Solar Panel Kits: 6 Best Solar Panel Kits for Home, RV & Sheds
- 800-Watt Off Grid Solar Panel Kit – $1,388.00
- 4500-Watt 48-Volt Monocrystalline Solar Cabin Kit – $5,176.46
- Installing Solar Power for an Off Grid Cabin
- How to Select the Best Solar Panels for an Off-Grid Cabin
- Which is best? Mono-Crystalline vs. Polycrystalline Solar Panels
- Off Grid Cabin Solar Panel Strings Combiner Box
- The 5 Best Lead Acid Batteries for Solar Power Arrays in 2018
- Solar Inverter + Alternating Current vs Direct Current Explained
- Wiring a Battery Monitor + Shunt for an Off Grid Solar Power System
- How to Select Between Using a MPPT vs PWM Solar Charge Controller
- How to Wire an Off Grid Cabin for both AC and DC with Solar Panels